Churchill County NV Information
Churchill County NV Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||26,169 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||25,865 (98.8%) |
|Population in Families ||20,971 (80.1%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||304 ( 1.2%) |
|Population Density ||5 |
|Diversity Index2 ||54 |
|Median Household Income ||$50,891 |
|Average Household Income ||$65,630 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 18% |
|Per Capita Income ||$25,973 |
|Wealth Index5 || 62 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||11,265 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||6,618 (58.7%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||3,732 (33.1%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||915 ( 8.1%) |
|Median Home Value ||$223,214 |
|Average Home Value ||$255,017 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||130 |
|Total Households ||10,350 |
|Average Household Size ||2.5 |
|Family Households ||7,032 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.5% ||0.41% |
|Households ||0.66% ||0.51% |
|Families ||0.57% ||0.46% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.33% |
|Per Capita Income || ||2.06% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.69% |
Churchill County NV - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Churchill County to the other 17 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Nevada by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 8 ||59th |
|Population Density ||# 7 ||65th |
|Median Household Income ||# 11 ||41st |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 6 ||35th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 11 ||41st |
|Diversity Index ||# 10 ||47th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Nevada COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.