Clark County NV Information
Clark County NV Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||2,286,325 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||2,263,347 (99.0%) |
|Population in Families ||1,781,569 (77.9%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||22,978 ( 1.0%) |
|Population Density ||290 |
|Diversity Index2 ||82 |
|Median Household Income ||$57,776 |
|Average Household Income ||$81,320 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 22% |
|Per Capita Income ||$29,640 |
|Wealth Index5 || 82 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||958,611 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||471,200 (49.2%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||360,301 (37.6%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||127,110 (13.3%) |
|Median Home Value ||$299,751 |
|Average Home Value ||$352,744 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||112 |
|Total Households ||831,501 |
|Average Household Size ||2.72 |
|Family Households ||538,447 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||1.56% ||1.64% |
|Households ||1.48% ||1.59% |
|Families ||1.38% ||1.55% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.46% |
|Per Capita Income || ||2.01% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||1.74% |
Clark County NV - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Clark County to the other 17 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Nevada by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 1 ||100th |
|Population Density ||# 2 ||94th |
|Median Household Income ||# 8 ||59th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 4 ||24th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 8 ||59th |
|Diversity Index ||# 1 ||100th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Nevada COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.