Douglas County NV Information
Douglas County NV Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||50,874 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||50,644 (99.5%) |
|Population in Families ||40,820 (80.2%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||230 ( 0.5%) |
|Population Density ||72 |
|Diversity Index2 ||42 |
|Median Household Income ||$68,338 |
|Average Household Income ||$90,735 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 24% |
|Per Capita Income ||$38,522 |
|Wealth Index5 ||113 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||25,734 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||13,727 (53.3%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||7,868 (30.6%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||4,139 (16.1%) |
|Median Home Value ||$391,739 |
|Average Home Value ||$493,132 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||102 |
|Total Households ||21,595 |
|Average Household Size ||2.35 |
|Family Households ||14,733 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.78% ||0.88% |
|Households ||0.93% ||0.98% |
|Families ||0.84% ||0.94% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.98% |
|Per Capita Income || ||2.02% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||1.28% |
Douglas County NV - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Douglas County to the other 17 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Nevada by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 6 ||71st |
|Population Density ||# 4 ||82nd |
|Median Household Income ||# 5 ||76th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 2 ||12th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 1 ||100th |
|Diversity Index ||# 14 ||24th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Nevada COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.