Lander County NV Information
Lander County NV Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||5,569 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||5,553 (99.7%) |
|Population in Families ||4,660 (83.7%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||16 ( 0.3%) |
|Population Density ||1 |
|Diversity Index2 ||58 |
|Median Household Income ||$83,961 |
|Average Household Income ||$88,474 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 9% |
|Per Capita Income ||$34,399 |
|Wealth Index5 || 86 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||2,624 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||1,665 (63.5%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||500 (19.1%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||459 (17.5%) |
|Median Home Value ||$185,279 |
|Average Home Value ||$191,637 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||258 |
|Total Households ||2,165 |
|Average Household Size ||2.56 |
|Family Households ||1,498 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||-0.35% ||-0.13% |
|Households ||-0.21% ||-0.04% |
|Families ||-0.3% ||-0.07% |
|Median Household Income || ||0.27% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.05% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.07% |
Lander County NV - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Lander County to the other 17 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Nevada by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 12 ||35th |
|Population Density ||# 14 ||24th |
|Median Household Income ||# 1 ||100th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 15 ||88th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 5 ||76th |
|Diversity Index ||# 8 ||59th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Nevada COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.