Nye County NV Information
Nye County NV Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||48,276 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||47,111 (97.6%) |
|Population in Families ||37,206 (77.1%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||1,165 ( 2.4%) |
|Population Density ||3 |
|Diversity Index2 ||51 |
|Median Household Income ||$50,016 |
|Average Household Income ||$60,363 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 15% |
|Per Capita Income ||$24,704 |
|Wealth Index5 || 58 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||25,289 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||13,669 (54.1%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||6,017 (23.8%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||5,603 (22.2%) |
|Median Home Value ||$176,976 |
|Average Home Value ||$209,580 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||161 |
|Total Households ||19,686 |
|Average Household Size ||2.39 |
|Family Households ||12,895 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.92% ||0.72% |
|Households ||0.86% ||0.8% |
|Families ||0.76% ||0.76% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.11% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.95% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||1.11% |
Nye County NV - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Nye County to the other 17 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Nevada by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 7 ||65th |
|Population Density ||# 9 ||53rd |
|Median Household Income ||# 13 ||29th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 8 ||47th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 14 ||24th |
|Diversity Index ||# 13 ||29th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Nevada COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.