Storey County NV Information
Storey County NV Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||4,200 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||4,195 (99.9%) |
|Population in Families ||3,289 (78.3%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||5 ( 0.1%) |
|Population Density ||16 |
|Diversity Index2 ||33 |
|Median Household Income ||$63,059 |
|Average Household Income ||$81,218 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 20% |
|Per Capita Income ||$35,525 |
|Wealth Index5 || 94 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||2,358 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||1,401 (59.4%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||436 (18.5%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||521 (22.1%) |
|Median Home Value ||$300,831 |
|Average Home Value ||$338,401 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||122 |
|Total Households ||1,837 |
|Average Household Size ||2.28 |
|Family Households ||1,191 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||0.45% ||0.75% |
|Households ||0.52% ||0.79% |
|Families ||0.42% ||0.76% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.27% |
|Per Capita Income || ||1.88% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||0.91% |
Storey County NV - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Storey County to the other 17 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Nevada by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 15 ||18th |
|Population Density ||# 6 ||71st |
|Median Household Income ||# 7 ||65th |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 5 ||29th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 2 ||94th |
|Diversity Index ||# 17 ||6th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Nevada COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.