Washoe County NV Information
Washoe County NV Data & Demographics (As of July 1, 2020)
|Total Population ||490,836 (100%) |
|Population in Households ||485,529 (98.9%) |
|Population in Families ||371,290 (75.6%) |
|Population in Group Quarters1 ||5,307 ( 1.1%) |
|Population Density ||78 |
|Diversity Index2 ||66 |
|Median Household Income ||$64,011 |
|Average Household Income ||$89,272 |
|% of Income for Mortgage4 || 23% |
|Per Capita Income ||$34,763 |
|Wealth Index5 ||102 |
|Total HU (Housing Units) ||211,568 (100%) |
|Owner Occupied HU ||111,149 (52.5%) |
|Renter Occupied HU ||79,651 (37.6%) |
|Vacant Housing Units ||20,768 ( 9.8%) |
|Median Home Value ||$352,604 |
|Average Home Value ||$416,784 |
|Housing Affordability Index3 ||106 |
|Total Households ||190,800 |
|Average Household Size ||2.54 |
|Family Households ||118,685 |
|Average Family Size ||3 |
GROWTH RATE / YEAR
|2010-2020 ||2020-2025 |
|Population ||1.5% ||1.53% |
|Households ||1.52% ||1.54% |
|Families ||1.41% ||1.5% |
|Median Household Income || ||1.47% |
|Per Capita Income || ||2.02% |
|Owner Occupied HU || ||1.55% |
Washoe County NV - Peer Comparisons by Rank and Percentile
The table below compares Washoe County to the other 17 counties / independent cities and county equivalents in Nevada by rank and percentile using July 1, 2020 data. The location Ranked # 1 has the highest value. A location that ranks higher than 75% of its peers would be in the 75th percentile of the peer group.
|Variable Description ||Rank ||Percentile |
|Total Population ||# 2 ||94th |
|Population Density ||# 3 ||88th |
|Median Household Income ||# 6 ||71st |
|Housing Affordability Index ||# 3 ||18th |
|Per Capita Income ||# 3 ||88th |
|Diversity Index ||# 3 ||88th |
Additional comparisons and rankings can be made with a VERY EASY TO USE Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool.
Quick & Easy Ways to...
- Get Current Demographic Data for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- View Boundary Maps, for Cities, Towns, and ZIP Codes
- Locate Physical, Cultural, and Historical Features
Nevada Census Data Comparison Tool
More Tools and Resources:
- For information about schools and school attendance zones, use the HTL Address Tool
- Our new HTL Neighborhood Explorer provides lots of detail about any neighborhood.
- The new 2-Minute Introduction and Concise Guide to Big Data which will help you make the most effective use of HomeTownLocator Tools.
- See the References & Data Sources page for more information about methodology and sources of data.
- See the Nevada COVID-19 Data and US COVID-19 Data for more information on the spread of the novel coronavirus.